Callie Bradford, MS
Fitness Instructor, Nutrition Consultant
Callie Bradford has been working in the health care and fitness industry for close to 20 years and currently specializes in Kids and adult fitness programs, complete fitness assessments, nutrition analysis and seminars, boot camps, kickboxing, circuit training, vegetarian consultations and grocery store tours.
Ms. Bradford Founded Next Generation Fit Kids in 2009 (www.nextgenerationfitkids.org). Currently she is on the board of the American Diabetes Association, SE Michigan. Also, founding member of Indiana’s statewide initiative called “Too Sweet for Your Own Good”. She has Experience in motivating teams to perform at an optimal level and has facilitated multiple health symposiums. In 2011 Next Generation Fit Kids was selected by the Detroit City Council as a strategic partner for M.O.O.V.E Detroit (Minors Overcoming Obesity with Veggies and Exercise).
Tips from Callie:
Make time for regular physical activity daily and enjoy the following benefits:
- Strong muscles
- Healthy Bones
- Ability to complete daily activities with ease
- Increased energy
- Improved sleep
- Better mood
Easy Tips for Staying Active
- Go for a walk around the neighborhood or downtown
- Go for a brisk trek around the mall or store
- Commit to exercise first thing in the morning, even if it’s just 5 minutes of stretching — to make sure it doesn’t get crowded out of your busy schedule
- Pack walking shoes and work- out gear for work trips or vacations to see family and friends
- Sign up for ice-skating, roller skating or dance lessons.
- Purchase a step counter and see how far you walk in a day
- aim for a 10,000-step (about 5 miles) average by year-end
Dancing is actually one of my favorite activities because you are getting all the benefits of being active and having fun at the same time. Not only is dancing fun, but you can burn at least 500-800 calories per hour. It improves muscle tone and gets your cardiovascular system in tip to shape. So the next time you are torn between being a coach potato or getting up and getting active think of dancing the tango, salsa, ballroom, or participate in a Zumba Fitness class, your body will love you for it!
We are excited to announce that Callie will be leading our group in a “Get Fit” exercise during our first of many “Celebrating a Healthier You” Seminars in Flint on Saturday, February 18 2012!